Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Long Range Hunting Newsletter








Long Range Hunting Newsletter

StarvinLarry
The cover image this month was taken of me by Robb Wiley of Non-Typical Outfitters on a hunt together this year. It demonstrates the use of an Ultrec Saddle Rest on a front tripod plus the use of some stacked up rocks for supporting the right arm and elbow. Both are taught in the LRH-NTO Shooting Classes which we'll be offering again next summer.
I had fun this month writing the article on "What's In Len's Backpack”. It refers to the stuff I typically have with me on a solo DIY "boots-on-the-ground” hunt for mule deer in the western states.
It turns out that when they are counted, 51 items (a crazy number) find a place in my pockets, around my neck and in or lashed onto my backpack. And a reader already pointed out that I forgot to list toilet paper

Read the rest here


No comments:

Post a Comment